Here we go!!
In response to the Governor’s declaration that golf courses have the green light to open, Whitefish Golf Club will be opening on Wednesday, April 22nd! We are very excited and grateful that we can open and serve our guests again. Despite this odd time, we feel that golf is still a great way to get some exercise and take our minds off of all that is happening. Even though our world has changed some, we will adapt and make the best of what this golf season will give us. Our plans at the outset are to: respect the orders, respect each other, stay positive and work to provide you with an enjoyable golf season! We still are planning to hold many of our events, but they may take on a different look from the past as shotgun starts most likely will be put on hold, but tee time starts could still be possible. We expect that gatherings after rounds will also be put on hold for the near future, but maybe picking up a box lunch on your way to the car will become the new normal. You can be assured that all of us at Whitefish will work hard to make your experience a positive one. Stay tuned about what’s to come in 2020, and we hope to see you in the coming weeks!
Additionally, we want to remind everyone that our ability to get back on the golf course is an accommodation that the Governor put in place which allows us to open. So, it is incredibly important that all of us do our part to abide by social distancing rules and refrain from our natural tendency to gather. Just as this privilege to open was given to us, it could be taken away. Let us be respectful of each other, and the situation we find ourselves in, so we can continue to enjoy the game we all love. With that, Whitefish welcomes you to the 2020 golf season!
“PARK AND PLAY”
Golf while Social Distancing at Whitefish Golf Club
PARK AND PLAY GUIDELINES
- All tee times must be made in advance by booking online at www.whitefishgolf.com, or by calling the proshop at 218-543-4900.
- Tee times are to be paid prior to your round. You may pay either online or by calling the proshop at 218-543-4900.
- Only credit and debit cards are being accepted as forms of payment (Visa, M/C, AMEX, Discover). Currency exchange will not be permitted on property.
- Season members can either pay via credit card in advance or will be billed to their customer account with verbal approval.
- When you arrive at the course, check in for your tee time by calling the clubhouse at 218-543-4900. Please arrive just minutes before your tee time to avoid gatherings.
- The putting green will be open for only the next group waiting to go to the tee. All flags on the putting green will be removed. Use your own balls for warming up and please maintain social distancing guidelines.
- The driving range will not be open for the first few days of our season.
- Our golf shop & food and beverage facilities will be closed to all members and guests until further notice for the protection of our guests and our employees.
- Restrooms in the clubhouse will be available on a limited basis and cleaned frequently. On course restrooms will be closed until further notice.
- Golf Carts: You may share a cart if you are from the same household. If you are not from the same household, single rider only. When returning carts, please dispose of your personal trash in our supplied receptacles.
- Carts will be sanitized with a disinfecting cleaning solution after each round. Clean carts will be stocked with a new scorecard & new pencil each morning.
- Push Cart rentals will be available and will be sanitized after each round.
- Flagsticks will be on the putting greens and cups will be raised to keep the ball from going in. If your ball rouches the cup, count it as good. Make every effort to avoid touching the flagstick.
- All bunker rakes will be removed. For the benefit of all players, please smooth over any disruption to the sand to the best of your ability after your shot. TEMPORARY LOCAL RULE: You make lift, smooth and place in the bunker.
- All water coolers, benches and ball washers have been removed from the course. Please plan accordingly.
- Clubhouse door handles, counters, light switches, etc. will be continually cleaned and sanitized.
Other reminders for golfers:
- Maintain social distancing of six feet between people.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as frequently as possible.
- Cover coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands).
- Regularly clean high touch surfaces.
- Do not shake hands; and
- Follow all other public health recommendations issued by DHS and the US Centers for Disease Control.
LET’S HAVE FUN AND STAY SAFE!